For more than 70 years, the Women's Committee has proudly supported the talented young musicians of the Conservatory.
The Women's Committee is one of CIM's greatest sources of support, providing time, talent and treasure. Its 200+ members are an important resource for students. They strive to make musicians feel welcomed and supported from the students' first audition until they walk across the stage at Commencement.
With a mission to support and strengthen the Cleveland Institute of Music and its students, the Women's Committee consists of the general membership and an elected Board of Directors.
Members of the Committee dedicate their time and efforts to add to the allure and history of CIM by providing the greater Cleveland community with opportunities to experience the talents of CIM students and faculty.
To provide financial support for CIM and its students, the Women's Committee conducts the following signature activities:
Please consider joining this vibrant group and making a difference in the lives of young musicians. Your $45 membership fee entitles you to the following benefits:
- Invitations to Musical Luncheons and special CIM events
- Subscriptions to CIM publications, including Notes magazine (quarterly) and electronic publications eNotes (monthly) and the Women's Committee's Musical Musings (quarterly)
- Opportunities to assist Conservatory students
- Inclusion in our membership directory
Download a membership application here or call 216.791.5000 to learn more.
Women's Committee Officers
- President: Mary Beckenbach
- First Vice President: Linda Harper
- Second Vice Presidents: Cynthia Greenberg & Astri Seidenfeld
- Third Vice Presidents: Sally Good & Doris Sopher
- Corresponding Secretary: Carolyn Adelstein
- Recording Secretary: Margot Davidson
- Treasurer: Margaret Weitzel
- Assistant/Benefit Treasurer: Faye D'Amore
Vice President of Institutional Advancement
Director, Concerts and Events
13th ANNUAL GUITAR WEEKEND
May 25, 2013, 12:00 am
CIM's Mixon Hall and various studios
Presented by Guitars International in cooperation with CIM
SERGEI BABAYAN INTERNATIONAL PIANO ACADEMY
May 31, 2013, 6:00 pm
Lunch & Listen Recital
July 2, 2013, 12:30 pm
Presented by the Alumni Association