Decisions for admittance to CIM are based on a completed application and audition results. Audition dates are assigned on a first-come, first-served basis, so please get your application in early!
- Transcripts: Required from each high school and college/university you have attended.
- Test Scores: Required for your application are SAT or ACT scores (if taken; required of Audio Recording applicants), AP and/or IB scores (if applicable) and TOEFL scores (international students).
- Recommendations: Provide names and email addresses for two recommenders. We will use that email to send a form to them. They will submit their recommendation directly to us.
- Pre-screening: Many CIM areas of study require a pre-screening recording; others do not, but you can still upload an audio or video recording if you wish. Please review the complete pre-screening requirements.
How to apply
CIM uses the online application service DecisionDesk. A nonrefundable application fee is payable by secure credit card transaction. The fee is $110 on or before December 1, and $160 beginning December 2. CIM does not offer fee waivers.
Steps to apply:
- 1. Review the relevant requirements and gather your supporting documents:
- If your major requires pre-screening, create a recording.
- Submit the online application.
- If you are invited, prepare to audition.
When to apply
CIM deadlines are observed in Eastern Standard Time (GMT -5). Your complete application must be received in our office by the following dates:
- December 1 (Fall admission)
- October 1 (Spring admission)
You may indicate a preferred instructor in the online application. Our faculty may grant your assignment if they believe your chosen instructor will best meet your needs, and if space is available in that instructor's studio. If you have been accepted by recorded audition, we may postpone your teacher assignment until you have performed for the faculty upon arrival in Cleveland.