Careers At CIM
The Cleveland Institute of Music is an equal employment opportunity employer and educator and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, political affiliation or veteran status.
The following employment opportunities are currently available:
The Information Technology Director (IT Director) is responsible for supporting the efficient and effective management of information technology related assets of Cleveland Institute of Music (CIM), an institution of higher education. This includes supervising staff, assigning priorities, communicating with administrative departments, faculty and students and administering, troubleshooting, and maintaining systems.
The IT Director has a key strategic role on the CIM management team, and has important visibility and impact across numerous functions of CIM.
- Develop a system strategy in support of CIM's management team
- Develop strategic IT roadmap and associate suite of application systems capabilities
- Develop & Deploy systems in support of the strategy
- Develop a standard technology architecture
- Plan and manage development spending and investments
- Identify and deliver cost reductions
- Oversee the efforts of multiple projects, maintenance and support activities; plan, execute, direct, and complete projects and services and manage to budget.
- Oversee the development of relevant process documentation
- Provide advice and assistance to Directors and Managers on IT acquisition, management and development of administrative and instructional systems
- Maintain the integrity of all electronic records of the organization
- Proficient at administering IT systems including servers, networking equipment, software, storage, web sites, workstations, and end-user software.
- Able to manage and troubleshoot IIS, DNS, DHCP, and Active Directory
- Capable of providing secondary support for Hyper-V, line of business applications and web systems.
- Experience creating system diagrams and schematics using Microsoft Visio.
- Knowledge of information security technologies and methodologies.
- Experience with configuring managed switches
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to learn new technologies quickly.
- Ability to remain calm and courteous in challenging situations
Bachelor's degree in Information Systems or related area and/or 5-7 years of experience in IT with at least 3 years in a management or supervisory role.
Current administrative and students systems include:
Great Plains – accounting; Power Campus/Self Service – student; Raiser's Edge - fund-raising; Power Faids/Net Partner – financial aid; Seat Advisor – concerts and events; TimeSheetX – student employment tracking program; ADP Payroll System, etc.
Ability to lift 50 lbs, work in confined spaces, climb and crawl.
Interested candidates should submit cover letter, resume and three references online at www.cim.edu/positions
This page was last updated on October 3, 2014.
Director of Human Resources
p. 216.791.5000 ext. 219
Please be sure to check the job listing you are interested in, as hiring contacts may vary by position.
Office hours are from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. EST Monday through Friday.
October 29, 2014, 8:00 pm
Marla Berg, soprano, guest artist
Tanya Ell, cello, guest artist
Robert Woolfrey, clarinet, guest artist
Jason Smith, trombone
Linda Jones, piano
Ralitsa Georgieva-Smith, piano
New Music Series Symposium
November 1, 2014, 1:30 pm
James Mobberley, guest composer
Preparatory: Cleveland Youth Wind Symphony Concert
November 2, 2014, 3:00 pm
Cleveland Youth Wind Symphony I
Dr. Gary M. Ciepluch, conductor
Cleveland Youth Wind Symphony II – Symphonic Winds
Melissa Lichtler, conductor
Cleveland Youth Wind Symphony II – Concert Winds
Daniel Crain, conductor