Careers At CIM
The Cleveland Institute of Music is an equal employment opportunity employer and educator and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, political affiliation or veteran status.
The following employment opportunities are currently available:
The Cleveland Institute of Music is looking for a Circulation Supervisor to manage work in the areas of circulation, shelving and stacks maintenance, and interlibrary loan. This person works very closely with the Reference Librarian and the Media Librarian on implementing public service policies.
The selected candidate will be responsible for:
- Managing circulation activities, including online records, reserve system, recall system, fines/overdues, etc.
- Overseeing the work of 18-20 student workers
- Processing all interlibrary loan requests
- Maintaining circulation and interlibrary loan statistics and maintaining and updating procedure manuals in these areas
- Providing reference service as needed
The qualified candidate must have:
- Bachelor degree in music and/or equivalent experience
- Previous library experience (student employment is acceptable)
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Effective motivational skills overseeing student workers
- Attention to detail
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Good time management skills
- Proficiency with MS Word
- Previous experience working at a library circulation desk.
- Familiarity with Innovative Interfaces library system and OCLC
In addition the successful candidate will be working with both Macintosh and PC computers, and ideally should have prior experience with both. The Circulation Supervisor also needs to be able to adapt quickly to changes in software applications.
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, resume with salary requirements and three references online at www.cim.edu/positions.
This page was last updated on April 11, 2014.
Director of Human Resources
p. 216.791.5000 ext. 219
Please be sure to check the job listing you are interested in, as hiring contacts may vary by position.
Office hours are from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. EST Monday through Friday.
DANIIL TRIFONOV WORLD PREMIERE
April 23, 2014, 8:00 pm
Daniil Trifonov, piano
Cleveland Institute of Music Orchestra
Joel Smirnoff, conductor
ADVANCED PIANO TRIO PROGRAM GALA CONCERT
April 24, 2014, 8:00 pm
Sharon Robinson, APTP director
April 25, 2014, 8:00 pm
Joan Kwuon, violin
Jaime Laredo, violin
Joel Smirnoff, viola
Sharon Robinson, cello
Sandra Shapiro, piano